Daisypath Anniversary tickers

15 September 2008

Post epiLasik

My pre and post epiLasik experience...
Thu -
Pagi-pagi lagi, aku dan abang dah menuju ke Sunway. Bimbang traffic jam yang teruk, kami bergerak awal pagi. Alhamdulillah, lebih kurang pukul 8, kami tiba di hadapan Optimax Bandar Sunway. Berdebar juga nak masuk ke kamar operasi.
About 9.00 am, the optometrist called me for initial check up. Settled the payment beforehand. Dr Norzainura arrive about 10 am. She gave me some briefing about the procedure. I was being told about all complication I might face after the surgery. Even, I was told not to expect eagle eye vision after the surgery, because of my high focusing power before. After checking the condition of the operation theattre, she asked me to get ready for the procedure. I've to change to patient attire (maroon colored shirt and pant), and wear the cap and foot covers. OK. My feeling, more dub dab.. Kesian abang menunggu kat luar.
Thay checked my pupil, and they said that my pupil is quite larger than expected. Maybe because of the dilation i've undergone on Monday. Dr gave me some more eye drop, (to make my pupil become smaller) and asked me to rest for a while. After about 15 minutes, they asked me to go into the operation room again. Now, my pupil is already okay. But the machine is not responding correctly to my condition. Adusss... The room is freezing cold. The nurse said, it is to make sure the room is germ free.. But I'm getting pnuemonia here.... Aiyo..
They called the technician to come and checked the machine condition. Okay, I have to lay down on the machine for about 10-20 minutes to wait for them (the doctors and the technician) to sort out everything. I'm lying on the machine without blanket. Aduh.. Betul-betul sejuk.
After a while, the machine is okay. and responding well to my pupil. Then, the doctor asked to the nurse to get me ready. She cleaned my eyelids, and finally the surgaey can be done. Dugaan betul..
During the epiLasik surgery, the suction ring is placed onto my eye, to make a hole on my epithelium (kulit atas anak mata je...). I can't see anything during that time, because of the pressure onto my eye ball.. Then, I can see the doctor move the flap(kulit yang dah dipotong tu..) to let the laser get through. The light was no longer clear right now. Semua lampu tu nampak pecah-pecah. I just have to look at one point and do not move my eye. Takut tersilap laser tempat lain pulak.
After about 40 seconds, the laser process finished. The flap is being put back on its original place, and a bandage contact lense finally being put to cover the epithelial. Ok. finish for my right eye. The same thing goes to my left eye, right after that.
Now, I can see the whole operation theattre clearly. However, there are some kind of hazy effect on my vision, an the doctor said that it is normal. Abang brought me to Ummi's house in Gombak to take his coat and some documents to be used for the next day (Jumaat). One whole day, I kept crying.. Hehehe... Bukan apa, one of the effect of the procedure, I kept tearing a lot... Bila mata dah berair, hidung ikut sama.. So, macam menangis la jawabnya. Kalau orang silap pandang, ingat aku tengah gaduh besar dengan suami.. :p
Thanks a lot, abang.. Siap ambik cuti untuk temankan pergi buat surgery...

Fri-
Second day.. My vision, still clear, with the hazy and cloudy effect. Ikut abang pergi interview SPA di KL. I've to wait in the guest room, which is also cold as in the freezer. Ditambah pula hujan yang turun pagi tu. Aku rasa macam nak demam. My running nose is not getting any better, but even worse. The head ache, kesan selesema lah agaknya. Selepas temuduga, kami ke rumah Ummi. Malam ni, nak berbuka puasa di Gombak. Ummi kesian tengok keadaan aku yang macam dah tak bermaya langsung. Aku tidur sepanjang hari di rumah ibu mertuaku.. Tak senonoh langsung! :P
Selepas solat Maghrib, Abang suruh makan ubat selesema, dan again aku tidur sampai tengah malam. Bangun untuk solat isyak, sambung tidur semula. :(

Sat-
Alhamdulillah, hidung dah baik. But, I just remembered that the third & fourth day is the worst vision in the recovering process. My optometrist in Optimax Shah Alam, has told this to me before. Abang ada study group discussion di UTM. I've to wait at Ummi's house, doing nothing. I've tried to mark the exam paper which I brought together. However, I cant even read! Everything is blur. Too much light, makes me dizzy. Too less light, I cant see a thing. The best thing to do, is SLEEP... again! Aduh. penat tidur ... I slept all day long, bangun sekejap-sekejap untuk pakai ubat. 5pm, baru lah abang balik, and we go back to Shah Alam. Ummi ajak berbuka puasa di sana, tapi, maaf Ummi.. Dalam keadaan sakit begini, sememanngnya rumah sendiri adalah syurga. Rasa sedikit bersalah, sebab nak balik juga walaupun Ummi ajak berbuka puasa di sana.. :(
Malam tu berbuka puasa dengan kuey teow kerang, beli di bazar ramadan Seksyen 17.

Sun-
My vision much better, even though I cant see very clear. Di atas kebijaksanaan aku, aku telah membuatkan dapurku banjir sampai ke bilik belakang. Terlupa air yang terpasang di mesin basuh. Jenuh aku mengemas dengan mata yang tak berapa jelas. Alhamdulillah, mak datang menolong.
Sebagai membalas jasa mak, aku berjanji hendak membuat roti jala untuk berbuka puasa. Mak seronok betul.. Terus ajak Oncu, Kak Zai dan Acik sekeluarga datang berbuka di rumah. Tak lupa, Kak Nor, Udin dan Saadah. Jam 2 pm aku dah memulakan operasi menjala. Dengan bantuan anak saudaraku yang baru darjah 2, aku menebar jala.. Selama 2 jam, siap 2 pinggan besar. Mak menyiapkan gulai ayam, bubur kacang, dan bubur lambuk. Oncu tiba jam 5 petang dan memulakan operasi memanggang ikan dan ayam di belakang rumah. Amai pula dah siap buat tepung talam kegemaranku. Wah! Meriah berbuka puasa petang tu...
Terlupa langsung tentang epiLasik sekejap.. Hehehe.. Alhamdulillah, mataku ok.

Hari ini, third check up. Kak Nisa (the optometrist) says that my eyes heals amazingly. She removed the contact lense, and now, I'm free! :)


4 comments:

  1. nampak x brape jari nih?
    hah?ape? tiga??

    bukan laa..2 jari je ni..peace2..
    rabun lg ni,kak..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wau...kak zyda buat jugak ye...
    brapa kosnya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. gone thru that xp before. Eye drop is a must..and drink a lot of carrot juice..

    ReplyDelete